Arianna Cosmetics Readying For Newport Opening

May 4, 2011 at 8:57 am 21 comments

New Peeps Week continues with another new boutique opening on Bowen’s Wharf: Arianna Cosmetics. The line focuses on mineral make-up, body treatments, organics and natural products made from from authentic Dead Sea ingredients, which are known for their healing properties. When it celebrates it’s Grand Opening later this month (they’re shooting to open the doors the weekend of May 14-15), Arianna Cosmetics will join it’s sister shop, Almora Cosmetics, located in Edgartown’s charming Nevin Square on Martha’s Vineyard.

Arianna Cosmetics will be opening at 39 Bowen’s Wharf in Newport, directly across from The Cookie Jar and Royal Warrant.

Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

International Nautical Clothier Gaastra Opens in Newport Endless Wave to Soak Up the Sun on Newport’s Bellevue Avenue

• 1. Margie  |  June 19, 2011 at 5:41 pm

I met this couple on Saturday at La Petite Salon & Spa In Middletown. They couldn’t have been nicer. i am excited to check out there skin care line!

• 2. Andrea McHugh  |  June 21, 2011 at 8:01 am

So good to hear that! They’ve been open about a month or so–I have to stop back in!

• 3. elaine  |  July 18, 2011 at 10:33 pm

Thought you should know that the guys at Arianna do not post their return policy, as required by RI law. And, worse, they charged me twice for the same product. Got the bills to prove it, and am currently disputing it. Not good.

• 4. Andrea McHugh  |  July 24, 2011 at 12:51 pm

I’m very sorry to hear you had a less than positive experience.

• 5. Doug  |  July 25, 2011 at 9:01 pm

I just got porked there this past weekend too. Paid more than twice what I found the same products for on Amazon….and the facial peel, which I didn’t buy, was priced at $199.00 (seriously, for one ounce)…but he’d give me a “deal” for $109.00 Just found it on Amazon.com for $33.99….Beware and do not buy from this place…and don’t even go in there especially after drinking lots of wine…lol.

• 6. Patte Marshall Michel  |  August 1, 2011 at 9:12 am

Ditto – I spent $900 and was told I was getting a discount but then when I got home and compared on-line – yes AT LEAST 2x what I could buy on line.

• 7. Patte Marshall Michel  |  August 1, 2011 at 9:14 am

Although I have to say I love the eye serum – I went in for an eye treatment, I will not buy it from this location again.

• 8. Lisa  |  August 12, 2011 at 1:17 am

i was In this stores and bought the eye treatment and the Biox line . i LOVE this products. i did check amazon like u guys said before but i will NEVER but a face cream on those website. i had a real problem with amazon before when i bought an eye cream (La Mer) and it was expired. i prefer to pay more and get a better quality.

• 9. karen  |  October 16, 2011 at 11:17 am

I stopped by recently-what a rip off.The products are more than 50%more expensive here!I will not be buying from them again-same products are online.

• 10. Jen  |  October 19, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Do not shop here!! They have no business ethics or morals. The customer is never right. Plus their overpriced stuff does NOT work…actually made my skin blotchy.

• 11. Elaine  |  November 1, 2011 at 9:09 am

This store doesn’t seem to fit in with the Newport style- it’s way too aggressive.

My issues with them are resolved after filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Shame that it had to go that far, though. I’d never had that kind of experience with any store in Newport, even over the 30 years I’ve been going there.

• 12. Christina Feliz  |  November 18, 2011 at 6:15 pm

I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to meet with me and for allowing me the complimentary facial. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I became enamored with my skin afterward and all the products used. Shira was amazing, providing exemplary customer service. I adore the ambiance of the boutique. It was a great experience, that I will recommend to everyone.

• 13. Carol wilcox  |  January 16, 2012 at 7:35 pm

As an outdoor type of person, my skin does take a bit of a beating from the sun and wind. While I am a pretty natural type of person, i have tried different products to help slow the damages done by the elements. None of them have made a difference and they are time consuming, fussy and a waste of money. I had truly given up. Arianna products have made me feel younger and even radiant. . My skin is softer, more evenly toned and I really just feel healthier looking. A facial by Tal in the Newport shop was a real treat and very comfortable and relaxing as well! I will honestly never stop using these products as I so enjoy the way they make me feel!!

• 14. TMA  |  May 23, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Beware! Was just checking out the window display of popsicle and cupcake soaps when I was approached by an employee who offered a “free sample”. Went inside and the free sample was an in store trial of a sea salt scrub. Somehow ended up buying the scrub and body butter, after being offered a deal of a free product. Ready to leave and got suckered into trying some eye creams, and again was pushed into buying with the offer of 1/2 off this product and that product free. Then got roped into a facial, which was followed by another sales pitch for another product. All in all, dropped $450 (not including tax) on products. Got home from vacation and looked the products up online and found that I could have purchased all of them from Amazon for $150. The shop does not leave you alone in the store to just look. No prices are visible in signage or on the products. Also, did not find out the products are not returnable until after leaving and saw the fine print on the bottom of the receipt. I give them credit, they are good at what they do. I am very conservative with my money, and I got suckered. in. Have filed a complaint with the BBB.

• 15. Andrea McHugh  |  May 25, 2012 at 2:03 am

Ugh! Sounds like another less then positive experience!

• 16. A  |  July 23, 2012 at 12:39 pm

I wasn’t happy with my experience either. Can I ask on what basis you filed the complaint with the BBB?

• 17. john does  |  July 4, 2012 at 11:42 pm

Beware, these are the same people we used to have up in MA in all the malls in little vendor carts and they would approach you and say: “Can I ask you a question” and pull you in. They kicked all of them out of all malls, I don’t see them anymore – so they are moving to Newport and trying to be a bit more fancy. Their product is crap to say the least and they can even get angry if they give you a sample and then don’t buy. Stay away……

• 18. elaine  |  July 5, 2012 at 9:10 am

They’re still in NJ malls, unfortunately. I don’t know why – I think most people are on to them, since I’ve never seen any customers at their kiosks!

• 19. Jenna  |  September 29, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Beware everyone!! don’t shop there!!! I bought their scrub and body butter in price of each 70$ so i paid 140$ for two products then later of the day I met my girlfriend and she told me she bought the same product, we talk about the price and I just said its expensive and she said not at all, they give her “good deal” and she paid for the same stuff I bought just 70$ !!! They are cheats!! And we bought from the same guy, his name Tal. We went to talk to them but they were close and we needed to leave on the cruise ship. we checked on the cruise with other friends and people that we met in our trip, and everyone bought the same product in other price! one of them said she bought the “peel” in 35$ when other lady paid for the same peel 99$ they are cheats and thieves!!!!

• 20. Christiana  |  September 29, 2012 at 1:33 pm

The prodact good but you can find it on the website cheaper… I bought their scrub for 30$ after I said no for the first deal: 70$ then to the second : 70$ and body butter for free, then left the place and the sales woman asked me to come back and give me another deal again 30$ for the scrub.. It was funny how easly I got the discount from this woman, but I love the prodact so I bought it, her name is Oly so go just for her… she will give you the best deal for the products..

• 21. Madison  |  June 3, 2014 at 1:58 am

ople at the mall kiosk scam! Beware! Don’t be drawn in by the cute cupcakes they have. The products are not worth the money and you’ll find our their return policy after it’s too late.