This summer, luxury boutique hotel Forty 1° North introduced creative packaging to showcase not only their accommodations, but unique Newport experiences. One of the most eye-catching? The Jackie O Package. The experience pays homage to the former First Lady, who began summering in Newport as a teenager at Hammersmith Farm, the waterfront estate of her stepfather Hugh Auchincloss, and loved the City-by-the-Sea long after her 1953 wedding to the dashing junior senator John F. Kennedy at St. Mary’s Church.
The package includes:
• a “Jackie O’s Rosé” specialty cocktail upon arrival
• accommodations in a premium water view or city view guest room
• a guided champagne harbor tour of Newport aboard Forty 1° North’s private launch (don’t forget a fashionable headscarf!)
• equestrian activities or polo lessons (for two) arranged by the hotel (From the time she was a child, Jacqueline was an award-winning equestrienne; a love she passed along to her children.)
• a pair of iconic oversized black sunglasses
The package is being offered until October 1st, 2011, and while it’s certainly not inexpensive ($715/night for weeknight stays, $940/night on weekends, plus taxes*), is does sound like a fun girls weekend getaway…
*rates based on double occupancy. For more Forty 1° North packages, click here.
Top image, courtsey STAFF/AFP/Getty Images
Leave a Reply