No Drybar? No Problem.

April 29, 2013 at 9:36 am 11 comments

Image

If you haven’t heard of or ever been to a Drybar, here’s the skinny: Drybar is a “blow dry bar.” No cuts. No color. Just blowouts for only $40. Locations can be found throughout NYC, California, and around major metropolitan areas including Washington DC, Dallas, Atlanta, Phoenix, etc. Even stylist/designer/reality TV star Rachel Zoe has opened her chic version in the Big Apple called DreamDry, and Gwenyth Paltrow is reportedly looking for some market share with her Brentwood-based Babaii Blow Dry Studio (with hairstylist David Babaii and trainer Tracy Anderson).

So, no, there isn’t a Drybar, DreamDry, or Babaii headed for Newport, but there is JF3 Salon at Celebeautique. Launched by owner Joseph Farias, the Blowout Club membership from May 1 to October 1 includes a shampoo, conditioning treatment with scalp massage and blowouts 4-times a month, plus 20% off all services (with stylist Ashley). The Club costs $80 month (with a 3-month commitment required, and it’s ‘use it or lose it,’ no carrying over). Think of all the weddings, showers, nights on the town, plus parties and social engagements you have coming up this season…at what breaks down to $20 a blowout, I think even Suze Orman would approve!

For more information, call (401) 847-7377 or stop by the salon at 34 Memorial Boulevard (near Sardella’s). Visit JF3 on Facebook here.

Entry filed under: Uncategorized.

Boston Strong What Better Way to Welcome May Day Than By Checking Out Isoude’s Newest Collection?

• 1. Melissa G.  |  May 1, 2013 at 1:40 pm

I love The Drybar so much. If I lived closer to Newport, I would totally take advantage of this membership and just have them do my hair for me all the time!!

• 2. Andrea McHugh  |  May 1, 2013 at 2:45 pm

It always feels so easy, breezy, beautiful post-blowout, right???

• 3. Candice ⚓ (@TheNewModernMom)  |  May 1, 2013 at 2:01 pm

I love DryBar! I’ll have to remember this next time I’m home. Thanks!

• 4. Andrea McHugh  |  May 1, 2013 at 2:44 pm

And it even costs less than Drybar!

• 5. Sharon - MomGenerations.com  |  May 1, 2013 at 5:12 pm

This is fabulous. I’m in! Thanks for sharing. I mean it. THANKS!

• 6. Andrea McHugh  |  May 2, 2013 at 9:01 am

Thanks so much for the support! Wouldn’t it be nice to have Oprah money to get blown-out every day???

• 7. Heather @ Kraus House Mom  |  May 1, 2013 at 9:40 pm

I wish they would put one on the “mainland”.

• 8. Andrea McHugh  |  May 2, 2013 at 9:00 am

haha! I wish they would put a Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods on “the island!”

• 9. Michele C.  |  May 1, 2013 at 10:12 pm

awesome!!!!!

• 10. Jodi  |  May 3, 2013 at 5:27 pm

This is so needed in RI! I wish there was one in EG or Warwick area – I would splurge for every holiday!

• 11. Andrea McHugh  |  May 8, 2013 at 12:36 pm

How come our locks just look (and feel!) so much better when someone else does them?!? Love it!