Today’s New Store Spotlight: Picklee on Spring

May 15, 2013 at 9:21 am 7 comments

Image

This cozy shop caddy-corner from famed St. Mary’s Church on Spring Street in instantly inviting with mint-green trimmed windows and fun furniture finds inside. Mother-daughter duo Jordan Crompton and Lisa Kasap share a passion for finding tired pieces—tables, chairs, mirrors, chests, buffets, mirrors—that just need that dose of TLC to make them the star of the room. The super-DIYers recycle and reinvent constantly, sourcing finds everywhere from garage sales to roadside rejects to antique shops and flea markets.

ImageThe shop on Spring Street was the companion step to Jordan’s popular design blog, Picklee.com, where she takes found trash to make it treasure. “People don’t realize, you don’t need a million dollars to have a dream house,”Jordan told me for a feature I did on her home for the May issue of The Bay magazine (click here to read and see inside Jordan’s home). You can also find chic pillows, lighting, artwork and home décor accessories inside the shop.

They duo are hosting a workshop, “The Art of Furniture Painting: 101”on May 23. To see more pieces or shop online, visit pickleeonspring.com

Image

ImageImage

Entry filed under: Uncategorized.

Today’s New Store Spotlight: Three Islands Today’s New Store Spotlight: Shore Soap Co.

• 1. Patricia Smurro  |  May 15, 2013 at 10:36 am

I have to check this out on my walk

• 2. melissa weintraub (@dentistmel)  |  May 15, 2013 at 11:05 am

I love the pieces!!! So antique looking!

• 3. Andrea McHugh  |  May 15, 2013 at 11:41 am

And inspirational! I gotta get my paint brush out;)

• 4. Chelley / AisForAdelaide  |  May 15, 2013 at 4:38 pm

LOVE the chevron! I will have to check this store out this summer- I love new old pieces!

• 5. Sharon - MomGenerations.com  |  May 16, 2013 at 7:58 am

This sounds absolutely perfect. I’m renovating and changing up some antiques and old “used” furniture and decor in my new old home and I’ll definitely be stopping in. There’s nothing more exciting than beautiful “tired pieces” renewed! Thank you so much for sharing…

• 6. Andrea McHugh  |  May 18, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Awesome Sharon! I

• 7. Candice ⚓ (@TheNewModernMom)  |  May 18, 2013 at 1:06 pm

I can’t wait to return home for summer and check this place out. We just bought a new house so I can see myself buying at least one thing! Thanks for sharing!