Best Tressed

September 16, 2013 at 12:12 am 6 comments

ImageIf you’ve ever read the ingredients in your shampoos and conditioners, you may have found yourself turning to Google to find out what the heck that nine-syllable component is (and you can always check the Skin Deep Cosmetics Database). I’ve featured other organic or authentically natural hair care lines found locally here before, and I have a new discovery (it’s good to change up your brands from time to time). Meet Neuma, founded on the principals of beauty, health and sustainability.

I was first introduced to Neuma at JF3 Salon, whose owner, Joseph, seeks out emerging organic lines. With full ingredient disclosure (not hiding behind words like “fragrance”) and by partnering with suppliers who use renewable energy and support fair trade, Neuma is setting the bar high. I tried Neuma’s reNeu shampoo with neuMoisture conditioner—both are sulfate-free, color-extending formulas with UV Guard™ and don’t strip hair of its natural moisture and essential oils. You can mix and match from their Moisture, Volume, Styling, Renew and Repair specialties, and it’s totally vegan, so snaps for no animals being used in making this line. Plus, the infused essential oils makes it smell heavenly.

Like other better brands found at salons, Neuma costs significantly more than your drugstore brands, but you pay more for quality. Also, while it might cost more upfront, you really need just a dime size of the shampoo and conditioner for a good wash, so a little goes a long way.

Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

Post-Summer Skin Renewal In a Clutch

• 1. Jackie  |  September 16, 2013 at 2:14 pm

I don’t even want to know what’s in the other stuff! You’ve convinced me! 😉

• 2. Andrea McHugh  |  September 17, 2013 at 9:16 am

Thanks Jackie!

• 3. Kristin Wheeler (@MamaLuvsBooks)  |  September 16, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Sounds like some great products! Thanks for the review!

• 4. Andrea McHugh  |  September 17, 2013 at 9:15 am

Thanks!!

• 5. Chelley / AisForAdelaide  |  September 16, 2013 at 11:49 pm

Seriously! Great piece- that you. I often don’t check in my shampoos, but always for Addie… then I realize, she uses my conditioner all the time! I will def check this out.

• 6. Andrea McHugh  |  September 17, 2013 at 9:14 am

Thanks a million! It can be challenging to always eat clean and use clean products but every effort helps!