This Thursday, the Angela Moore Fashion Show & Champagne Brunch returns to Newport for a morning of style and summer fun. In advance of the big day (CLICK HERE for what to expect and how to get tickets!), Angela has shared with Newport Stylephile some summer must-haves for the season:
1. The Beaded Bag – “The new collection of beaded bags by Moyna can take you from casual to dressy with one accessory! From a ladies brunch to a night on a the town, these bags breathe new life into a casual look and stand out for a more dressier look–a must have for any summer weekend in Newport. These bags are also sold in Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom but now we can get it right on this island!”
2. The 7 Way Scarf – “These Kokomo toppers are so functional and fun to wear. In pretty chiffon prints, this look is floaty, flirty and fun! They can be worn long or short, to the side or off the shoulder, or even wrapped like a scarf. It’s lightweight and easy to pack if you’re going away for the weekend and quickly dresses up your summer look of white jeans and a tank.
3. An Amazing Tunic – “When it comes to tunics, we have options that are nearly endless: bright colored tunics, white tunics, embellished tunics, short tunics, long tunics, and, of course, embroidered tunics. With styles from Barbara Gerwit and Escapada Living, these classic tunics, with their beautiful details, remain a favorite for Newport living.”
4. Dresses – “Taylor party dresses are perfect for a day at polo or dinner at the Clarke Cooke House. Pretty and perfectly feminine, these party dresses will make you feel like the belle of the ball!
5. Sensational Sandals – “Sailboats, starfish, sand dollars….oh my! We’ve got nautical looks that will make your feet look pretty! Not into the sea? We’ve got bows and bling to take your casual look into a dressier look, all without heels! Want to wear heels, but afraid you’ll break a foot on the cobblestone? Wedge slides are the sandals we love for a taller, leaner look.”
6. A Ticket to the Angela Moore Fashion Show! – “Now you have the outfit, so what better place to show it off than the Angela Moore Fashion Show and Champagne Brunch at Rosecliff? On Thursday, July 9th, step on the red carpet and feel like a movie star as you take in the scenery: the beautiful terrace overlooking the majestic Atlantic Ocean, the exclusive exhibit highlighting 70 years of fashion curated for the show by the Preservation Society, plus see the fashions on stage where Newport style stars will model iconic fashion styles as well as modern day Newport fashions. You may even bump into a Jackie O look alike!”
For more info on this Thursday’s Show & Champagne Breakfast, click here.