Let’s start with the good news: it’s been unseasonably warm up until about now. But let’s face it: December is less than 10 days away. It will be cold soon enough and eventually, your skin will react to the fluctuating outdoor freeze meets fireside swelter. Here are some seasonal skin remedies from local expects to get you through the deep freeze.
1. Image Skincare Vital C Mask from The Apothecary. The team at The Apothecary can barely keep this baby in stock! Using gentle enzymes to exfoliate dead skin cells while adding minerals and essential anti-oxidants to improve your skin’s overall health, you will look like a light has been turned on under your skin and feel super hydrated after this mask treatment. Use as a manual exfoliator to increase cell turnover rate without any abrasion or leave on as a masque to refresh and revitalize. $32
2. Bare Escentuals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream. The Apothecary’s co-owner Jenni Graham personally recommends this product for people with drier skin who like luminous, glowing finishes and a “natural” look. “It makes your skin appear younger. Even if you don’t feel as confident at first because of the light coverage, I promise you will get compliments if applied correctly!” This mineral-based cream combines the best of a BB, a CC, and a tinted moisturizer to provide increased skin hydration after just one week. $29 (9 shades)
The Apothecary is currently running a special and offering deluxe samples of both these products the month of November while supplies last.
3. Whish Body Oil from ArchBeauty. “Not only does this oil leave your skin silky smooth, it also has clinically proven peptides to calm inflamed skin while increasing skin luminance.” Arch beauty founder Sara Ross says she personally slathers this oil on her apres shower then towls off. “This will keep the itchy body skin away,” she says. Three Whishes Body Oil is made in the USA with Earth friendly packaging and ingredients. Paraben free, sulfate free, DEA & TEA free, petrochemical free, phthalate free. Tested on us, not animals–all natural with organic ingredients. Leaping Bunny Certified.
4. GM Collin Diamond Cream from ArchBeauty is a luxurious anti-aging cream formulated to help rejuvenate skin’s look with pure and effective ingredients and cutting edge technology. “It’s s dominating our industry right now; its every where in the press. Formulated with a synergy of precious diamond powder, diamond peptides and unique snow algae to help increase the skin’s radiance. “It is made from crush diamonds this will sculpt and hydrate your skin and
protect it from the elements,” explains Ross, who point out this is to be used exclusively as a day cream.
NOTE: ArchBeauty will be moving to 333 Valley Road, Middletown in January! Congrats, ladies!
5. Block Island Organics Night Cream: I’ve been using this cream for about month and I love it! Packed with antioxidants like vitamin C (offers anti-aging benefits) and vitamin E (protects against the effects of sun exposure), this organic and natural cream nourishes skin. Organic ingredients like cocoa butter, rosehip, avocado, aloe vera, jojoba and more nourishes and moisturizes, plus its non-greasy and suitable for all skin types. (Personally, I love that its 100% cruelty-free as this is a vegan formula and never tested on animals.) Also, you won’t find any nasty parabens, sulfates, petrochemicals, phthalates, dyes or artificial fragrances in this fabulous cream. Even better? Here’s a special offer: Use code THANKS30 srating on Thanksgiving through 12/1 to receive 30% off the regular price of $29.99. (Free shipping on al orders over $50).
Are we following each other on Twitter and Instagram? Find me at @newportstyle on both platforms!