Archive for June, 2016
Can we talk about this charming jute Newport tote by Apolis from Lou Lou’s Decor? Apolis is a socially motivated lifestyle brand that empowers communities worldwide. (A-pöl-is means “global citizen.”) Customized specifically for the Bellevue Avenue shop, the tote ($60) is perfect for the farmers market, a small picnic along Ocean Drive and some shopping about town. The Market Bag, as it’s called, is handcrafted in Bangladesh and finished in California. The waterproof lining and natural vegetable-tanned leather straps i reinforced by antique nickel rivets. Measures 13″ in width, 18″ in height, and 8″ in depth, with a 6″ x 7″ inside pocket.
Available in-store or by CLICKING HERE.
- Rooftop Yoga (8:00 AM) – Practice yoga on the rooftop of Vanderbilt Grace with the fabulous Meredith Nordhem Ewenson
- Balance Before Burnout Wellness Workshop (9:30am) – An hour and a half class offered at Vanderbilt Grace with Melissa Kitchen
- King Park Wellington Paddle around Goat Island (10am) – Offered at leisure by Newport SUPper Club
- Creative Dance for Children (11:30am) – 45 minute dance class for children at Vanderbilt Grace with Revka Hovermale
- Balance Before Burnout Wellness Workshop (2pm) – An hour and a half class offered at Vanderbilt Grace with Melissa Kitchen
- Organic Wine & Cheese Tasting (4-7pm) – Presented by Newport Wine Cellar & Gourmet . Stop in and try some of the best clean wines and cheeses!
- Rooftop Yoga (11pm) – Vanderbilt Grace will offer yoga on the roof and bubbles to close the day with Meredith Nordhem Swenson
Calories burned, cocktail earned, right? (Quick, someone crochet that on a pillow.)
This Wednesday evening, Studio Barre Newport will lead another strength-building, core crunching barre-based fitness routine only this time, it will be overlooking overlooking Newport Vineyards. Après workout, treat-yo-self to a wine tasting. Pliés for Pinot Noir? Okay. Crunches for Cabernet? Makes sense to me. Calf-raises for Chardonnay? Got it. Pulsing for Pinot Grigio? You get it.
Tuck & Taste with Studio Barre at Newport Vineyard: Wed. June 8th, 2016
6pm – Studio Barre Newport Class
7pm – Newport Vineyards wine tasting
BYOM – Bring Your Own Mat
$26 per person, includes class and wine tasting
For tickets, CLICK HERE.
The Place: Jane Pickens Theater in Newport is currently showing Love & Friendship, a film adaptation of Jane Austen’s novella Lady Susan. It stars Kate Beckinsdale and Chloë Sevigny, both wearing an enviable wardrobe throughout.
The Plot: Lady Susan Vernon is a scandalous and scheming socialite who is an expert at camouflaging her diminishing fortune. Destitute and dabbling in multiple dalliances, she assumes the role as matchmaker for her daughter Frederica–and herself. Hilarity ensues.
The Skinny: Whether you’re a certified Janite or a casual appreciator of well-written, fast-paced satirical snark, you’ll enjoy this sassy charmer.
The Bevvies: The Pickens is the only theater town serving up craft cocktails, so while you can opt for atrusty Mojito or Dark n’ Stormy, consider one of their specials like the Pom Fresco (vodka, cucumber, pomegranate, Prosecco and fresh lemon), Jane Pickens (gin, Pimm’s, lavender and fresh lime), Gotham City (barrel aged Manhattan), Selma (tequila, habanero, cilantro, grapefruit and fresh lime) or the Sailor’s Cider (Newport’s own Thomas Tew Rum with cider). Me? I chose a simple split of Prosecco. Cheers!
Love & Friendship now playing through June 9.