Oh hello, perfect creative (and last minute!) Valentine’s Day gift for those with a love of the sea..
The SailorMAYDE Message in a Bottle was created to symbolize the bond between you and another – partner, family or friend – that cannot be broken whether at sea for one day or one year. It’s a collaboration between two small New England businesses: one of my favorite nautical bracelet makers, Boston-based Sailormade, and artist Lexi Mayde.
What will you find in this salty valentine?
- A message in bottle, for starters. The sea-inspired calligraphy quote is handwritten by Lexi Mayde, scrolled, and inserted into a glass bottle with a cork stopper.
- A mini bouquet of dried flowers collected from the seven seas.
- A sea shell to hear the ocean, because when you can’t be by the sea, you can always bring the serenity of crashing waves closer to you.
- The Bound Together Knot Bracelet by Sailormade.
- To bring it all together: a card filled with your words slipped underneath a satin ribbon and sealed closed with a wax seal.
Here’s why I’m telling you about it: they’re simply beautiful. They’re creative. They last longer than chocolates. They’re from two small businesses based just over an hour from my home.
The nitty gritty: each Message in a Bottle is $55 plus shipping and ships via FedEx 2Day or Priority from the Sailormade Boathouse in Boston, so tomorrow or Friday is the last day to order before Valentine’s Day. BUT, due to popularity, the collaboration will extend through the end of this month so you can send a salty smile just because.
ACT NOW: WIN a SailorMAYDE Message in a Bottle by heading over to my IG at @newportstyle today! Entries accepted now through noon tomorrow, Feb. 11. See contest rules in post. Good luck!!