If you’re looking for some of the prettiest cocktails in Newport right now, you’ve come to the right place. Newport knows how to do summer, and Newport knows how to do swanky cocktails to celebrate the season. While I’m still doing my research in the name of journalistic integrity, ahem, here are some of the most lovely cocktails in town at the moment:
- The same hue as a summertime ripened peach, Nude in Nantucket at Stoneacre Garden is a dreamy delight of mezcal, aperol, lychee, thyme and lime. I don’t like my mezcals to be too smoky – just a personal preference – and this cocktion includes just the perfect nod of the spirit.
2. Part of Giusto’s newly launched Apertivo Hour includes the Rainbow Road, a heavenly mix of rum, limoncello and mint. Named in honor of Newport’s first rainbow sidewalk which Newport Out and the community advocated for, this month, $1 of every Rainbow Road sold will be donated to Newport Pride which takes place this weekend. Can’t wait!
3. A contrast to its dark, dramatic environs at The Dining room at Vanderbilt, the Apricot Spritz is a light, airy kiss of the Amalfi coast with a twist on the standard spritz thanks to the apricot, fresh orange juice and orange flower water mixed with prosecco and cut with a dash of sea salt.
4. If tequila is your alcohol of choice because in recent years it’s been known as one of the “cleaner” spirits on the market, and your tequila with lime juice on the rocks has started to bore you, meet the Thaiquila at Stonearce Brasserie. A mix of tequila, lemon and orange-Thai chili shrub, this well-balanced cocktail is refreshing and offers a little kick.
5. Look at the above photo and you’ll notice I didn’t even have enough willpower to wait to take a sip before taking a snapshot. A recent trip to the Caribbean reignited my love affair with spiced rum potions, but the Tuscan Road Trip is a reimaged island drink. There’s still spiced rum only with mezcal, cinnamon and pineapple. Hot tip: enjoy this under the market lights of Hammetts Wharf on Giusto’s comfy patio.