Posts tagged ‘Angela Moore’
WPRI reporter Susan Hogan wearing a Taylor dress while Angela interviews WPRI news anchor Patrick Little, wearing an Angela Moore tie.
If you want to enjoy one of the staples of the summer social season, now is the time to make sure you have your Angela Moore Fashion Show & Champagne Brunch tickets in hand as the event sells out every year!
The Angela Moore Fashion Show & Champagne Brunch
Thursday, July 7th
9:30am – 11:30am
548 Bellevue Avenue
The show will include fun resort fashions featuring new looks from Angela Moore, Manuel Canovas, Just Madras and Jack Rogers. The doors will open at 9 a.m. Guests are invited to have their picture taken on the “Red Carpet” staircase of Rosecliff and then enjoy cocktails on the terrace, overlooking majestic views of the Atlantic Ocean, before proceeding to the ballroom for the seated Fashion Show and Brunch.
Tickets are $90 for Preservation Society members and $100 for non-members.
Your ticket includes:
~ “Seaside Sensations” fashion show
~ exclusive one-day fashion exhibit
~ a scrumptious champagne brunch
~ a $25 Angela Moore Gift Card
~ a guest pass to tour Rosecliff and the exhibition “Splendor at Sea”
To purchase tickets online, visit www.newportmansions.org or call 401-847-1000 ext 140.
All proceeds from the event will benefit the Preservation Society.
Carolyn Van Petten, wearing a Claudia Nichole cashmere poncho
Returning model Karen Megley wearing a Claudia Nichole poncho, a Mellow World bag and Angela Moore jewelry. Karen’s daughter is also in the background outfitted by the Groovy Gator.
2014 Miss Rhode Island, Ivy Depew, on left, 2013 Miss Rhode Island, Jessica Marfeo, in center, Miss Rhode Island 2007, Ashley (Bickford) Karger on right, all wearing Barbara Gerwit maxi dresses. Peter Carrellas, Justin Goff and Gavin Megley are in the background along with Angela Moore.
- Carolyn Van Petten wearing Manuel Canovas Paris Swimwear and an Onigo hat.
May 29, 2016 at 11:35 am
This Thursday, the Angela Moore Fashion Show & Champagne Brunch
returns to Newport for a morning of style and summer fun. In advance of the big day (CLICK HERE
for what to expect and how to get tickets!), Angela has shared with Newport Stylephile some summer must-haves for the season:
1. The Beaded Bag
– “The new collection of beaded bags by Moyna can take you from casual to dressy with one accessory! From a ladies brunch to a night on a the town, these bags breathe new life into a casual look and stand out for a more dressier look–a must have for any summer weekend in Newport. These bags are also sold in Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom but now we can get it right on this island!”
2. The 7 Way Scarf – “These Kokomo toppers are so functional and fun to wear. In pretty chiffon prints, this look is floaty, flirty and fun! They can be worn long or short, to the side or off the shoulder, or even wrapped like a scarf. It’s lightweight and easy to pack if you’re going away for the weekend and quickly dresses up your summer look of white jeans and a tank.
3. An Amazing Tunic – “When it comes to tunics, we have options that are nearly endless: bright colored tunics, white tunics, embellished tunics, short tunics, long tunics, and, of course, embroidered tunics. With styles from Barbara Gerwit and Escapada Living, these classic tunics, with their beautiful details, remain a favorite for Newport living.”
4. Dresses – “Taylor party dresses are perfect for a day at polo or dinner at the Clarke Cooke House. Pretty and perfectly feminine, these party dresses will make you feel like the belle of the ball!
5. Sensational Sandals – “Sailboats, starfish, sand dollars….oh my! We’ve got nautical looks that will make your feet look pretty! Not into the sea? We’ve got bows and bling to take your casual look into a dressier look, all without heels! Want to wear heels, but afraid you’ll break a foot on the cobblestone? Wedge slides are the sandals we love for a taller, leaner look.”
6. A Ticket to the Angela Moore Fashion Show!
– “Now you have the outfit, so what better place to show it off than the Angela Moore Fashion Show and Champagne Brunch at Rosecliff? On Thursday, July 9th, step on the red carpet and feel like a movie star as you take in the scenery: the beautiful terrace overlooking the majestic Atlantic Ocean, the exclusive exhibit highlighting 70 years of fashion curated for the show by the Preservation Society, plus see the fashions on stage where Newport style stars will model iconic fashion styles as well as modern day Newport fashions. You may even bump into a Jackie O look alike!”
For more info on this Thursday’s Show & Champagne Breakfast, click here
July 7, 2015 at 12:41 am
If you’re not familiar with angela Moore style, I live tweeted and posted on Facebook looks from their fashion show last month. Here’s the pro shots from photographer Kate Lucey from the show:
Miss Rhode Island Jessica Marfeo (left) and 2007 Miss Rhode Island Ashley (Bickford) Karger wearing Southern Frock and Tracy Negoshian
Carolyn Van Petten wearing Manuel Canovas
NBC Sports Anchor Frank Carpano and his wife Kathy wearing Manuel Canovas
Angela Moore and ATP Tennis Stars Dennis Kudla and Tim Smyczek
August 14, 2013 at 10:23 am
I love the smell of champagne in the morning…
Ladies Day at the International Tennis Hall of Fame Championships returns this Thursday and though tickets are sold out, you can still relish in the pink and green ‘preppiness! Pop by Angela Moore’s boutique (190 Bellevue Avenue, just outside the THOF) for the after party from noon to 5pm the same day for more shopping, champagne, tasty treats, raffles and informal modeling (and after 4pm there will be an ATP World Tour stars autograph signing). Check out looks by Manuel Canovas, Just Madras, Jack Rogers, Dizzy Lizzie, Echo and of course, Angela Moore.
I’ll have pics here on Stylephile soon after the show as well as on Facebook. (https://www.facebook.com/newport.stylephile) and Twitter (@newportSTYLE / https://twitter.com/NewportSTYLE). Stay tuned!
PS: Tune into The Rhode Show at 9am on WPRI channel 12 TUESDAY, JULY 9 for a fashion show preview!
July 8, 2013 at 10:35 pm
Enjoy the designer’s signature line of clothing and accessories, in addition to lovely lines brought over from the Bellevue Avenue boutique, at up to 80% off! Make that list and check it twice!!!
December 4, 2012 at 10:07 am
There’s so much going on during the Newport summertime I’m only now doing a follow up post on July’s annual Angela Moore Fashion Show and Champagne Breakfast, which kicked off a weekend of festivities during the Campbell’s Hall of Fame Tennis Tournament at the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
Gorgeous summer weather set the tone for a beautiful day. Angela hosted more than 250 guests, making this the largest fashion show to date held on the historic Horseshoe Piazza. Guests enjoyed breakfast and sipped champagne and strawberry kiwi bellinis provided by Russell Morin Caterers. In keeping with the show’s special look, Laurie Marshall created fabulous nautical tablescapes.Lucky guests also received raffle prizes from the Spa at Newport Marriott, Fila, Peace Love Studios and Three Islands.
A special treat included ATP tournament star and 2012 tournament player Matt Ebden as a surprise model. In sum, the show featured three different sets with over 30 models and 80 looks including fashions from Manuel Canovas, Barbara Gerwit, Tracy Negoshian, Just Madras, Jack Rogers, Angela Moore and dozens of other designers. (At top: Carolyn van Petten is wearing a Dizzy Lizzie Charleston dress accompanied by Karen Megley wearing Needles & Thread top and hooded metallic jacket with Lysee Leggings. at left: ATP tennis star Matt Ebden lets fellow model 2009 Miss Connecticut Ashley Karger take center stage wearing a gorgeous Bel Kazan Diamond long knit dress.)
DON’T FORGET: Angela Moore Sample Sale
Tuesday, August 14th – Saturday, August 18th, 9:00am – 5:30pm daily at the Middletown Courtyard Marriott
Here are a few amazing looks (click MORE to see additional pics!)
August 9, 2012 at 12:37 am
The Newport International Polo Series at Glen Farm in Portsmouth has long been one of the summer’s “must do’s.” Hosted every Saturday evening through September, your polo approach can be as sophisticated as Gucci and glassware or Bermudas and brewskis. Whichever your approach, you can fête the equestrian spirit with this local, fashionable finds as seen on today’s Rhode Show.
These classic tunics in silk twill by Julie Brown feature a lace up neckline from Angela Moore, modeled above by Marie Catherine Demirjian from The Beauty Within Model Management
Horsebit necklace ($28), Kortright bit earrings ($25) and toggle bracelet in blue enamel and gold ($38, also in turquoise), over-sized horse bit pendant, Emily Bit Paddock horse bit-linked necklace (at left, $48), all from Pink Pineapple.
Orange Maryann horse bag in cotton duck by Rebecca Ray (at right), Alligator-patterned Double Equestrian Bit Belt in brown, Stirrup Belt in Brass with Soft Back Leather, the Bit Bracelet in brass or nickel by Rebecca Ray, all from Skiffington’s Boutique in Portsmouth.
Peggy beach short with pony pattern in lightweight cotton poplin, white sleeveless blouse with ruffled collar and the Lucy embossed belt, all from J. McLaughlin in Newport and Providence.
WATCH THE CLIP HERE:
Fashionable finds for a polo game
August 2, 2012 at 8:58 am